AIMS TO ACHIEVE
Lionheart Camp for Kids' ultimate goal is to improve long-term life outcomes for bereaved children.
Lionheart wants to enable them to integrate grief into their lives in an environment that is loving, acceptable, compassionate and bound by guidance and safety.
We aim to do this through:
- Helping children and parents understand the process of grief
- Normalise the grief process for children and increasing their awareness of loss as a natural part of living
- Helping children identify with a spectrum of emotions associated with the death of a parent or sibling
- Sharing and expressing emotions in a healthy way
- Providing the opportunity to connect with other children experiencing the death of a sibling or parent
- Strengthening parents knowledge and skills in how to support their grieving children